Photography is the documentation of life, once that shutter has clicked, the moment has passed and history is made. Some may be familiar with project 365, a simple concept, take a photograph everyday for 365 days. This blog is an extension of the project; the goal is to keep photographing every day, who knows how long? It is an excellent archive to look back on, see how things change. Change can be subtle, such as different coloured flowers being planted each year to a changing landscape with buildings being demolished and new ones built. This blog archives life’s diversity and my encounters.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Vancouver - Making it to Hostel

2010 04 02

Vancouver, the furthest west I have been in Canada and an awesome place to be. Arriving here two days ago with blustering winds and heavy down pouring rain, I was unsure how the weather was going to hold out.

I was exceptionally thankful that the rain decided to subside when I arrived in Vancouver because I had to make my way to the hostel. Leaving the bus terminal I made my way across the street to the Sky Train. Once taking the Sky Train I was able to hope on to the #4, a bus that I road quite frequently throughout the days I was here.

The lack of rain really helped when I had to make my way from the bus drop off to the hostel. Because of the extreme wind that had occurred that evening, power lines were down on the street. The bus had to change routes, dropping me off about a kilometer away then it usually does.

It wasn’t a bad hike to the hostel, it could have been bad had it been raining or worse, the storm that hit was still going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive