Photography is the documentation of life, once that shutter has clicked, the moment has passed and history is made. Some may be familiar with project 365, a simple concept, take a photograph everyday for 365 days. This blog is an extension of the project; the goal is to keep photographing every day, who knows how long? It is an excellent archive to look back on, see how things change. Change can be subtle, such as different coloured flowers being planted each year to a changing landscape with buildings being demolished and new ones built. This blog archives life’s diversity and my encounters.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Bolivian Rainforest

2009 Bolivia Rainforest: Coroico
Corey Lablans Photography

In August 2009, Carlea and I traveled to Bolivia. I will say this trip came out of the blue and ended up being one to remember for a lifetime. Honestly I really did not know where Bolivia was located before this adventure.
Carlea, had spent three months in Bolivia (think two years past) and she wanted to visit a friend. Asking me to come along, cause of my adventurous personality, she knew I would say yes. Essentially if I was able to get the money together, I would go. After being asked to go, the first thing I did was search on GOOGLE, where Bolivia was.
Bolivia was an amazing country to visit, we explored the highest capitol on the world, La Paz at an altitude of almost 13,000 feet. Then we visit the highest navigable lake, Lake Titicaca and biked down one of the world's most dangerous roads nicknamed "The Road of Death" to Coroico, at an altitude of approximately 5,000 feet. These photos are some of the only digital photos I took on the trip and they are of Coroico.






1 comment:

Blog Archive